View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afstud View Post
no heated seats or third pedal but i could live with it for a zhp and the nav.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3183257891.html

possibly going to go look at it tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Exactly. You don't need to justify your transmission choice to anybody on here. It's getting really old when the point of a thread is completely missed because people see 'automatic' and immediately pounce.
With that said, the price looks acceptable to me, and the seller may also accept offers (OBO). Other than the Cold Weather Package/Heated Seats, the car looks well optioned. I would ask about maintenance history as well, and a thorough test drive of course.
he brought up no third pedal and being automatic first. stating but he could live with it because he'd be getting the Perf Package. why "live with it" when making such a big purchase? we followed up with that is a big compromise if you're paying upwards of $5-$7 thousand more buying a used car for performance, and the automatic basically drops it down. a 330-zhp automatic is not any quicker than a 330 manual. And there is absolutely a disconnect with the E46 driver from car when it's automatic.
Add that this isn't any special color to the Perf Package, nor are the seats. It's actually one of the most disliked color interiors of all, the extended light grey. The car doesn't have ZCWP like he'd prefer either. So $15,300 for a 70K mile Automatic car that doesn't have heated seats.
Sure he could talk down price, he could even replace with heated seats and have it all. But his initial post was one that implied he didn't want the automatic. There are far too many Fanatics that this is a deal breaker, especially on an overly priced 330i-Perf Package.

On top of it all it's Not a good price either.