View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
You couldn't pay me to live in Somerville--although if you dig wearing ball-hugging skinny jeans, you make like it. If you want to actually experience Boston, you go Back Bay, Beacon Hill, South End, North End.

A garage spot will cost you circa $200. But be careful--you may be on bus routes (not the subway) going from Boston to Cambridge so may want to keep your car closer. What part of Cambridge will you be in?

BTW, you can fully expect whatever place you rent to be a dump at that price point. Boston is fully of overpriced crummy apartments because of all the students. My suggestion is not to worry about it too much--find somewhere you can walk t--spend time in your neighborhood, not your apartment...
Hilarious! I used to live in Somerville with my sister awhile back when I was in between apartments. Near Davis Square is nice, or further out, but there are some crummy parts.

What Sna77 meant to say was "If you want to spend every single penny in your wallet, be apartment broke and not even be able to afford a 40oz of Haffenreffer, you go Back Bay, Beacon Hill, South End, North End."