View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #61
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAdawgs98 View Post
Bought some Brembo plastic brake covers for my 2002 325i, they look great, but I've noticed that there seems to be a lot more brake dust, almost caked on, than before I put them on.
Has anybody else used these and noticed this?

You would think that putting a cover on there would divert the dust AWAY from the wheel, more so than having just the bare brake in there.

Any ideas?
the covers likely hold the dust in. but it seems odd it would be that much. are you sure this happened after the covers or perhaps you just notice it more since you're looking at the covers more? or that the covers are red and you notice it more?

i've seen your pictures in the thread and honestly can't say they look all that bad. they're not real and have the possibility of hindering the stock brakes would be my concern. otherwise sport them and enjoy
i've seen so much worse here on the forum and anyone who is extra lowered/stance is ten times worse for function so tell them to get a clue before bashing you.