View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood83 View Post
I used the one at the bottom of the site page. I know where you're coming from with the trans taking abuse. My 1-2 at part throttle in sport causes the car to drop the rear. It's embarrassing.

If you need a manual, I have a PDF by the Auto Trans Service Association or some other name I cannot remember. Details nearly every part of the 5L40E with GM part numbers and disassembly / reassembly instructions. I'm thinking that due to the turnaround on the eco-tuning mod that I might try the valve body for starters rather than either have no car for a month or buy/clone an EGS then re-clone it again to avoid a tamper dot. Or did you get the individual mod for self-installation? Dropping the valve body isn't much beyond removing the filter.

If you want that manual, shoot me a PM with your email. Your documentation of your progress is relevant to my interests!
I doubt the TCU will cause a tamper light. Eduard is sending me a TCU to used temp until mine is modded how I want it.

It's my username @ gmail . com

-Anthony
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote