View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #45
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Again, when/how you experience the vibration is the most important thing. Also describe the intensity. The missing wheel bolt could cause balancing problems but not exclusively under braking. (if thats in fact when you're feeling it)

Also yes you can't "trust" any hand test, but very serious/obvious problems can AND will show up by simply moving the part with your hand. I've moved control arms and trailing arms by hand before where the bushings were shot. very obvious movement.

I'd be willing to bet your control arm bushings weren't installed correctly and/or are defective. Walk me through the history of the control arms and bushings. Who installed them, how installed, etc.

Get Meyle CABs.
Let's not start with Meyle vs. Lemforder again

I installed everything myself paying extra attention to the 29.1cm distance between the center of the inner ball joint to the edge of the bushing as described in the TIS. Bushings were pressed in with a 20/1 water/dish-soap solution. I like to do things correctly.

But you're right in that the bushing may have come already defective. Next time, I'll go with either solid bushings, like Treehouse (nothing feels like these), or simply Powerflex polies. So much for rubber bushings for me...

OP, sorry about the hijacking (if you really think so). I thought we might be sharing the same problem, hence the reason I posted. Good luck with your problem.

Sapphire Black MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/ZCW/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SunRoofLess/5MT

Last edited by SeanC; 09-07-2012 at 07:47 AM.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote