View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #47
dknightd

My Ride: 2002 330 cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Let's not start with Meyle vs. Lemforder again

I installed everything myself paying extra attention to the 29.1cm distance between the center of the inner ball joint to the edge of the bushing as described in the TIS. Bushings were pressed in with a 20/1 water/dish-soap solution. I like to do things correctly.

But you're right in that the bushing may have come already defective. Next time, I'll go with either solid bushings, like Treehouse (nothing feels like these), or simply Powerflex polies. So much for rubber bushings for me...

OP, sorry about the hijacking (if you really think so). I thought we might be sharing the same problem, hence the reason I posted. Good luck with your problem.
I'm thinking if somebody torqued your wheel bolts enough to strip one out, they might have actually bent something.

I sort of agree with the OP, thread highjacking is a bad thing, but I can't resist since it is on my mind, and might be relevant. I know soon I'll want to replace my fcab. My thinking is to replace with what the car came with. They have lasted 10 years and seem to work fine. I don't mind replacing every ten years. The BMW ones are designed to balance comfort and performance. I like that balance. I'm wondering about solid/poly bushings - sure they might last longer, and will be tighter, but they might also give up comfort. I really like the sport/luxury balance bmw does.
dknightd is offline   Reply With Quote