View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #92
FritzP

My Ride: BMW E91
The link I posted to evc is for a plug-in for WinOLS to be able to open update-files for Ford/Jaguar and Volvo and can not be used for the 0da files for BMW.
But, however the 0da files for updating/programming with winkfp opens fine in WinOLS and you will find the same structure as if you make a readout with a common tuningtool like Galletto. I have not been working alot with petrol ecu's for BMW, but I have some experience with tuning BMW diesels. I have used the 0da files in winOLS alot for comparing different engine powerlevels, and I have also maked good tuningfiles for ex. Bosch EDC16. But to state it right, for the actual tuning I make a readout and flashing with my BDM100. I always work with the original file for the ecu to avoid problems with EWS for example.
The XOR checksum calc. mentioned here, I am not familiar with that. I have to gain some more info about this. I have checksum plug-in in my WinOLS, and the chk.sum are corrected aotomaticly every time I make an altering of a map.

Last edited by FritzP; 09-10-2012 at 01:19 AM.
FritzP is offline   Reply With Quote