View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #94
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzP View Post
I have not tried to alter 0da files for then flashing it with winkfp, but it could be interesting to try.
I have tried to export a 0da file without altering, but if I then make a comparing with a hex-viewer the file are not identical as the original file. It looks like winols are doing something when it imports the file.
If I then import the already exported file from winols, it looks the same in winols like the original imported file, based on that I think winols are changing something when it imports.
You mentioned converting 0da file from hex to bin, that could maybe be a solution before import to winols. What tool/program are you using for such convertion, it also have to be converted back to hex after export from winols.
It could be interesting to try this, I have used winkfp for flashing update files in the past, so I am familiar with the process.
I used something called hex2bin - seems to work fine on most MS43 files. Just have to pad it to the right size (missing data seems to just be filler). Haven't tried it with any of the DDEs.

With the MS45, it seems to spit out mostly junk. And the MSS54 seems to confuse it a little bit since the MSS54 has two processors

Not terribly difficult to write an application that can decode the intel hex to binary. These are the rules: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HEX - But BMW doesn't seem to follow the rules perfectly. I've come across a number of instances of a record type "10" which isn't defined.

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 09-10-2012 at 03:06 AM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote