View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
nleksan

My Ride: 328Ci, 325i, 740i
Send a message via AIM to nleksan
I have used the StopTech Stage 2 brake upgrade kit on my 328Ci (before BBK) and also 325i, both of which were the slotted rotor option and StopTech ST pads. The kit also comes with SS Braided lines and Motul RBF600 fluid. I find the kit to be excellent for street driving, and even okay for moderate track (i.e. autocross) use, and I don't have a single complaint about the kit. The rotors are high quality and I didn't notice a single imperfection on any of the 8 total rotors, and the slots don't go all the way to the edge which is the ideal way to do it. The Stoptech ST pads are excellent for street driving, have less dust than OE pads while providing better "bite" under all but the most extreme low temps (think -5C or below). The pedal feel is enhanced and is much more linear, in my opinion, and is extremely consistent.

What I would recommend adding to the kit to make it perfect would be:
- Brass Caliper Bushing/Guide Kit as it really does improve the consistency and feel of the brakes, and are the perfect complement to new stainless steel braided lines; also improves pad life and results in perfectly even wear
- Stainless Steel Brake Rotor Screws to prevent rust and seizing (325i has put 25k miles on them and they still look brand new)
- Replace the Brake Line Clips as you will have to remove them anyway, and they are all of 99 cents a piece

- DPE - Apex - BBS - PFC 6/4 2pc BBK - KW Clubsport - PowerFlex -
- M-Tech - Rogue Engineering - Ground Control - Odyssey -
- Hotchkis - AFE - UUC - AKG - Dinan - VAC - TC Kline -
- TMS - OS Giken - SuperSprint - Vorsteiner - Recaro - Samco - Fluidyne - MORE! -
GARAGE:
- 2000 328Ci Topaz 6MT-Swap ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/HID/HK (Street/Track)
- 2001 325i TiAg 5MT/ZSP/ZCW (Street)
- 2006 M3 ZCP AW/IR 6MT/ZCP/HID (Street)
nleksan is offline   Reply With Quote