View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #30
jared_wiesner

My Ride: 1999 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven747 View Post
cant wait for your review on the cams. are you planning on getting a tune?
I plan on having my tune from Epic Motorsports updated for them. This tune has completely changed the way my car feels and after reviewing the dyno data, I still think it made good power, at least as much as the shark does. I will have to wait for another dyno session to prove it though.

My baseline dyno had numbers all over the map from 178 to 184, my dyno after Epic was a steady 193-195. I tried to flash back to stock on the dyno day with the Epic tune and only noticed a decrease of 2-3 horsepower. The thing is that this can be attributed to the car slowly unlearning what it had from the Epic tune and therefore it would take some time to go back to stock values. I should have cleared adaptations but I didn't know they stayed after the software change. The thing is with the tune it was dead conistent, without, it was not. That could mean that from my lowest before tune number to all my after tune numbers, I could be making 15-17 more horsepower depending on the run.

Check out my band - The Marked

1999 BMW 328i (Daily Driver) - m54b30 intake manifold, ebay headers, Rebirth Motorsports CAI, Rogue Engineering underive pulleys, Epic Motorsports Remote Dyno Tune, Custom 3 inch exhaust with Burns Merge, Schrick 264/248 Cams
1967 Buick Skylark - 430 Buick Big Block Swap.

Last edited by jared_wiesner; 09-11-2012 at 01:21 PM.
jared_wiesner is offline   Reply With Quote