View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #12
Noodle555

My Ride: M3 Cabriolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Everything I have read makes me skeptical of diagnosing the bolts any other way than pulling them.

I've pulled the Vanos solenoid on mine, 20 min job. The rest of the Vanos is only 9 bolts and 2 nuts once the top of the engine is open. The method on M3F by locking both cams looks easy... then again I'm slightly crazy and like this sorta stuff!
The DIYs I've seen on m3f look like waaaay more work than you described. If there is a quicker method to simply check the bolts them I'm all for that. Failure of tabs or bolts means kaboom and tons of money with potentialy bent valves and damaged cylinders. Makes me want to replace hub for the cryo one and change the bolts.

Dr vanos seems to overcharge for the cryo hub as i have read the cryo treatment is quite inexpensive.

Mods: Clear Bra | Tints | Hardwired Passport SRX | Painted Bumper Reflectors | Keyhole Cover | 6000k Predator Chromiums | 6000k Philips Ultinons | 6000k HID Fogs | Philips Silvervision Corners | OEM LED Tails | Trunk Lip Spoiler | Eisenmann Race | CSL Diffuser | CD/DVD Swap | Small Antenna | Blackout Grille and Gills | Smoked Corners

Mods ready to install: Paddle Upgrade | ZCP Rotors | CF Interior Trim

Last edited by Noodle555; 09-11-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Noodle555 is offline   Reply With Quote