View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #412
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFan86 View Post
Don't trade your Iphone in. Sell it on ebay and you will come out much better.

You do have other options as well if you can get the right customer service person on the phone. Add a new line of service and put the new Iphone on it at the discounted rate. Once you get the phone, call and drop the data plan and turn it into a dumb line. Activate the new iphone on your line and you are upgraded AND you get the old Iphone 64 to sell on ebay for $300+ which will offset the new line (9.99 a month) and most of the cost of your phone.This option works best if you already have an extra line with a dumb phone on it.

Also remember that you can transfer upgrades to other lines. If you wanted to give your upgrade to another person on your family plan you could do that and not have to change your plan. You can also give your upgrade to other people who are not on your plan and they could take the upgrade and then give it to you to activate without modifying your plan.

As for talking and surfing at the same time, that requires LTE or dual modems (one for talk one for data) for 3g devices. The Iphone 4 and 4s did not have LTE or dual modems (the HTC ReZound is the only device that offers talk/surf on 3g AFAIK). The Iphone 5 will have true LTE so talk/text will work simultaneously while on 4g but not while on 3g.
Thanks for the info! Regarding the talking/surfing at the same time, AT&T's iPhone 4 can already do this, and I see your point that the Verizon iPhone 4s didn't have LTE or dual modems... definitely a valid reason for me to go with the iPhone 5.

Question about what you said about transferring upgrades to other lines on my family share plan or to people not on my plan. If I transferred the upgrade to them in either of those 2 scenarios wouldn't they be required to have a new 2 year contract? Maybe I'm overthinking this but if I were to give the upgrade to my wife, she buys the iPhone 5 at the reduced price then gives me the phone... she gets a new 2 year contract but how will that affect my contract given that I'm the primary line on the family share plan? Also, would Verizon allow me to transfer the upgrade to my wife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
ya bluetooth is a good point.

My girl keeps an old 40gig iPod in her car as well, so no worries about the connector for her, plus it keeps a lot of space free on your iPhone by only keeping the music you listen to most on it, and the whole itunes library on the iPod---I think a lot of people with newer bluetooth enabled cars do this.

People just love to have something to b*tch about, Apple is NEVER going to be good enough for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
That sucks. So this doesn't even support audio out? Why couldn't they just go with a microUSB then?
Good point about the microUSB. Yeah, it doesn't seem to support audio out since they were saying that the 8 prong Lightning adapter is all digital whereas the old 30 pin connector had the ability to send out analog signals. Unfortunately the Lightning adapter doesn't have the capability to convert the digital signal to analog, hence why you won't be able to play audio thru your speakers.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote