View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
BMW Mini Van? The Concept Active Tourer

Ahead of the Paris Motor Show BMW has released the details on their latest new segment vehicle, the Concept Active Tourer. The Active Tourer is a premium compact vehicle with the hybrid drive system out of the concept i8 meant for urban living. BMW will bring this to market under the 1 series line, perhaps as the 1 Series Active Tourer.

Despite BMW's sincerest efforts to make it look something like a X1 I can't get away from the minivan feeling it gives off. Take a look at the complete BMW Concept Active Tourer gallery and post your thoughts on the styling.

Quote:
The new BMW Concept Active Tourer combines compact dimensions and an attractive, sporty design with hallmark BMW quality. With an exterior length of 171 inches, a width of 72 inches and a total height of 61 inches, the BMW Concept Active Tourer is geared towards customers of the premium segment who appreciate a high level of comfort, a raised seating position and a generous amount of space.

The BMW Concept Active Tourer will also be attractive to families who attach importance to functionality and versatility as well as lifestyle and athletic flair. A long wheelbase of 105 inches, a high roof line and a compact transverse engine with front-wheel drive make it possible to create a generously sized interior. The spacious load compartment of the BMW Concept Active Tourer provides fully-fledged everyday suitability since the batteries of the hybrid drive are housed entirely underneath the load floor.
Read more about the BMW Concept Active Tourer

Last edited by tim330i; 09-14-2012 at 11:12 AM.
tim330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.