View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #65
Brem46

My Ride: Needs Moddin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post

The 2001 landcruiser was not 80K first of all. Second, they were never slow. They always had rather large motors with plenty of go. And what is it you think toyota "knows?" Also roflwaffles at saying the LC is slow compared to the rest of the POS cars in europe. Try a diesel renault, rover, or any of the other 10,000 slow POS cars on sale in england and comment on how "crappy" the LC is. Maybe you would love a reliant robin. Heard those are peppy..you know, light weight being 3 wheeled and all.
firstly i know a diesel renault or rover or anything like that is a POS which is why i would never drive them.

secondly, i drove a large engined LC, and i currently own a S/C Range Rover and in the process of that purchase i test drove a Cayenne, X5, ML and a lexus.

the land cruiser i drove was not in london, was out in the country so i could open it up if i chose to, it just felt rather subdued compared to other SUV's i have driven, comparing it to the other SUV - YES it has space and YES i would love that in a vehicle, but comparing it to other SUV's of a similar price the LC is slow and bloated and boats about on the road to a point where i didnt feel safe.

the ride was overly bouncy and it felt like it had no pep to it, i did drive a SWB LC think it was a 99' which felt much better to play with but then again you loose the benefits of having a car of that size then.

if it were my own decision personally, i would hit up a Range Rover all day, it feels tight, not as bouncy of floppy, steering whilst a huge SUV is direct and precise.

the lexus RX that i test drove, was a good quality very nice car, i was testing the 450H which was completely silent, did take a while to pick up you pressed the gas but IMO not nearly as long as the LC

now pick up your toys
Brem46 is offline   Reply With Quote