View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #163
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
I agree. Ignorance can only get you so far. Unless you are mentally challenged, it doesn't take much to know that fast food and soda is bad for you. People are lazy. Hell, you can get a goddamn 2lb roast for $5, potatoes for $1, carrots and onions for another $2, and there ya go... you can either make a roast, or make beef stew that could LITERALLY feet a family of 4 for less than 10 and a couple hours of having the oven on.

It is laziness.

I will say tho... ignorance can definitely be the case when it comes to non-fast food restaurants. I won't like, i was taken back when i found out a burger from chili's is like... 1800 calories or something like that. People have the mindset of going to a restaurant before fast food... little do they know they are paying more for worse food for them. A plate full of pasta at an italian restaurant.. ha, well over 1000 calories, but the media doesn't target these types of establishments. Majority of restaurants across the country... like, 99%, are very very unhealthy. How do they get it to taste so good??? Butter, oil, and salt... This is what flies under the radar, and I think people need to be educated moreso on "decent" restaurants rather than telling them that McDonalds is bad lol.
Common sense dictates that eating out is not healthy. You want healthy food, make it yourself.