Thread: No Love...
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 02:25 AM   #44
RayPooley

My Ride: 320i SE Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Yeah, they should have just let the fire continue and wait for the guy to show up and move his car so that they could properly use the hydrant. Or they could have routed the hose in a way that compromised its efficiency just to be nice.

Seriously? Well, how swell. I guess on your side of the pond the ancient illegally parked BMW would have been spared any damage at the expense of the fire fighters properly handling the situation that they're uniquely qualified for. Brilliant.
"Yeah, they should have just let the fire continue and wait for the guy to show up and move his car ..." Is that what you took from my comment? For the record my father was a fireman for 25 years and I know that neither he nor his colleagues resorted to civil vandalism in the execution of their duties.
I spent 3 months training with our local fire department in my roles as fire officer for a large international company that I worked for and they took me through the ropes including the deployment of fire hoses. Here in the UK our hydrant points are set in the pavements far away from the kerb. That makes sense. If you must attach the "moron" label to someone I would suggest you consider those in authority who decided that the best place to site these devises was at the kerb edge so as to maximise the likelihood of them being obstructed by parked vehicles.
RayPooley is offline   Reply With Quote