View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #16
Mango
e46mango.com

My Ride: 2016 Lexus
No no no no no no no and..... NO.

The problem is NOT the fan blade/clutch itself, but your lack of maintenance and the fact that you've never seen my thread.

The fan blade itself is great--Genuine BMW is able to last 100,000+ miles or 10+ years. Ideally, you should replace at 75,000 miles or 8 years. The blade itself can chip, crack, become off balance and just grenade inside of your engine bay. This is why I recommend the complete overhaul of your cooling system and NOT just bits and pieces--these so-called "KITS" available from many "vendors" which are just out to grab a quick buck, but aren't doing enough to educate and assist the community about the importance of replacing the entire system.

Replace your fan/blade and clutch with Genuine BMW (or OEM Sachs for the clutch) and never have a problem. Though the problem is usually with the blade.

Yes you can also do an electric conversion, but don't for a second think you can just ignore maintenance. You'll have to replace stuff JUST as often and frequent mechanical or NOT.

See sig. Do it all!!!!!!!!!!
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote