View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #25
scott0482

My Ride: 2001 530i
Send a message via AIM to scott0482
Most of the "Group House" situations will be closer into DC, just because it is generally younger people who want access to night life and the city. But there should be plenty of stuff around.
I looked a little last night on craiglist, and typed "McLean" into the search which would be a nice easy commute for you, and found a 5 bedroom house with young professionals, driveway, hot tub, 2 car garage, etc and the rooms were something like $650 each. (They said the back yard was on Leesburg pike, so that would be within a few miles of where you are working) Most places will want a 1 year commitment though, so you may have to move into some "Fully Furnished" room with a 50 year old weirdo for a few months until you know what you are doing more permanently.
I have seen short term stuff though. It usually in the summer though when there are 2 students living in an apartment, and one leaves for the summer.

I would start looking closer in, at places where you can take alternate routes that aren't gridlocked highways. Fairfaix, Vienna, Falls Church, McLean, Great Falls.
If you don't care about traffic, and want to live cheap, then go to Manassas, or for Woodbridge if you really want to go cheap.

Last edited by scott0482; 09-17-2012 at 03:49 PM.
scott0482 is offline   Reply With Quote