View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #28
cnebrask

My Ride: e46 M3
Hey not trying to argue, was just saying that your comment of "99% of a DSLR at the same price" is incorrect, that's all. I didn't understand that by DSLR you meant entry level DSLR, which in that case you probably 99% correct!

Seriously though, you are right if you are comparing a G15 with a XSi, the only advantage the XSi has is the ability to swap lenses, but the G15 makes up for that in size. Like i said, right tool for the right job. And not to mention the majority of people don't know how to use a DSLR manually and there for a point and shoot is perfect.

No hard feelings man!

Btw, a friend of mine who is an avid photographer just picked up the Sony RX100 and I have to say the pictures are pretty impressive. It would be in the same category as the G15.. Check it out, Zeiss glass, 1.8 aperature, 1" 20MP sensor.. pretty incredible.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...00:ss:Targeted

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
99% of a DSLR at the same price

Are you really going to compare a $500 camera to a $2500 camera with $7500 worth of lenses?

Give me a break.

Compare a G15 with f1.8-f2.8 and Digic 5
to
his XSi with a f3.5-f5.6 and Digic 3

then tell me I am crazy.

PS - the 99% of what you can do was talking about function and control NOT picture quality.
PPS - you are a fool if you think a $10,000 pro set up will give you 20 times the picture quality on the go. We are talking about value here not pixel peeping.
cnebrask is offline   Reply With Quote