View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #18
Busabos77

My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
Based on what do their interiors look great? Rarely do people accurately describe things let alone know how to. Even the LSB interior shown in this thread was deceptively nice in the first picture and then the second picture showed the true glossy finish that is Leatherique.

There were no issues with my prepping. That was clearly documented in the links I provided. Regardless, sandpapering your leather to death like most Leatherique users do is not how leather restoration is done. It is not a good product which I'm telling you from experience.

If you're happy with it... fine. But someone who is prepared to buy the OEM Imola pieces strikes me as someone with very high attention to detail and quality. Goodluck and I guess if you're not happy with it you can peel it off and do it again plastidip style.
Thanks. I will see how it holds up. Like what you said, I do not plan to sand the parts down... I will just use a scotch brite pad to prep them to not take the leather grain out. I will be documenting this and will put detailed photos and be true to everything that happens to be able to help other people who would want to go this route. I am very particular with things and believe me... If I do not like the way it looks, I will get the OEM pieces. I just wanted to try this out first since my interior is in great condition and see if it works. No one really likes the grey color so I would not get much if I sell it so I figured why not use them as test pieces for the dye. If they do work out, great. If not, then I move on to the next plan which is the real OEM Imola. Again, thank you for that great info! I really appreciate it!

Last edited by Busabos77; 09-19-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote