View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #23
braymond141

My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna01///M3 View Post
Great work so far. Dont they make a matte top coat? I have it from Leather MAsters.
Leatherique does not make a Matte top coat. They only offer super gloss and even then their product is too thick and latexish to properly support a top coat (or itself). He can use a matte coat from any of the proper leather restoration sites (2-stage products) on the net and use it with the Leatherique as I demonstrated in my links. This will make the product look massively better, but does not add any additional durability.

Busa; Before you consider top coating (if you are). I encourage you to spray a leather piece that doesn't mean much to you with the Leatherique. Prep it, coat it and let it dry right. Try to make it fail after you've done all that by picking at it. You'll notice that once the product has failed it seriously comes off like plastidip on a painted body panel. The reason I'm encouraging that you do this is that you don't waste anymore money on this recolor if you aren't happy with durability.

(prepped with scotch pad like all proper 2-stage coloring systems suggest)

Last edited by braymond141; 09-19-2012 at 03:21 PM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote