View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #24
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke View Post
I believe before you go either route Turbo or S/C you should test out your car on the track. The E46 M3 is an Amazing Platform to start out with on any track or road course. I would recommend doing a Hooked on Driving Event, Autocross Event or BMW Driving school to feel the characteristics of your vehicle on the track. Both F/I applications provide fantastic power.
Viral speaks volumes of wisdom. I mentioned the same thing as well. But now, we need to stress the importance of you DRIVING, not just riding in BOTH types of FI. Should be appropriate sized to what you want, Super Charged car and the same for a Turbo car. (Sadly, being the driver may be somewhat difficult)

It should be on the track, not just the street. I am certain you can arrange SOME thing through one of the clubs Viral mentioned. Beg, borrow, or even rent time. Be a PASSENGER if you have to. That may be the only way unless you want to spend weeks/months gaining trust in a club situation. Passenger is far from ideal, but better than nothing.

It is such a split decision for everyone that there is no right or wrong answer. It will come down to what YOU like, in the end.
Money/costs may also be a factor.

So far no one has posted any wrong or bad information. It is up to YOU now, not us. Good luck and have fun in your decision making process. Don't stress over anything. No mods have to be permanent!

EDIT: Please make sure to read this recent thread! http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=920450

Last edited by Bdave; 09-21-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote