View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #24
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom3 View Post
Very tempting....what is stopping me is the fresh paint, even after being cured anything can go wrong. Shipping companies can give 2 sh*ts about how they treat your package Thats it I'm moving to the westcoast!
Exactly right, that's why we're charging more since we have to package it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmodys View Post
Alright I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on this but first a few more questions. What can I do about shipping insurance against a cracked or damaged paint job on the new bumper? How can I be positive that the paint will match the rest of the car? What's the timetable looking like for one of these from order until I receive it?
You can ask for insurance, we usually do $5 for every $100 you want for insurance. You cannot be 1000000% sure the paint will match because of environmental variables. You can give us your paint code and potentially ship us your tow cover as a sample, but you cannot do it any other way to be perfectly certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngproexec View Post
+1 This. I have a 'hard' color to match (anthracite gray) so I will need to send my tow hooks. I will include both front and rear tow hooks and label appropriately.
If you are doing front and rear bumpers, then yes, that would be definitely advisable.