View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #1457
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 2000 Integra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
For the apple gurus, I want to take my 4 and give it to the GF and upgrade to my 5. What's the easiest way to move all texts from 4 to 5 and wipe the 4 so she can sync it to her computer for music
For me, this was the easiest method...

With iPhone 4, settings>iCloud>storage&backup, here make sure iCloud backup is 'ON'. Now go to >manage storage, this is where you can select what you want to backup.

Go back to storage&backup and it will show "back up now" - Click it and wait....and wait... For me I backed up everything so it look a while b/c I have a lot of pictures and apps. When it's finished it will tell you.

Now grab your 5.

*If you messed up the first time like I did & synced it with the wrong backup, you can go to >Settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings. This will send you back to how your iPhone came out of the box.

If you just took it out of the box, you are ready to sync up to the backup you created on your 4.

Just follow the simple directions on the 5 to sync it with the backup you just created (it will give you a time of day). That's it.

Everything will now look exactly like your 4 does, and have all pictures/contacts/photos.

**If you want your music on it too, plug into iTunes and make sure the only thing you select to sync is music, deselect everything else. Then sync and your phone will be exactly as your iphone 4 is.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 09-22-2012 at 11:20 AM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote