View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #61
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
And SeanC has had a zhp and non-zhp so Alex, Mango, and everyone else is out to lunch. You will not change his mind, and you shouldn't, because he has owned both and none of you others have. You just endlessly research part numbers and ETK diagrams. I too have owned both as well and concur with Sean's statements.
yeah because doing research and confirmation of part numbers along with just about EVERY zhp owner and site confirms the racks are the same. but it's cool, what do we know when it's better to say I believe in the "ZHP Santa Claus" compared to facts.

i'm not saying the car he drove doesn't feel better or different. I'm just saying the steering rack ratio is comfirmed in parts, publications and in full turn lock-to-lock to have the same ratio.

if you like to settle your deate, please call BMW with your 330ci-zhp VIN and ask them for a quote and part number. then report back with your findings. also have someone else call for any year 2002-2006 330Ci-zsp (non-zhp) and report back the part number they're ordering. i would do it myself but know you won't take my word for it.

everyone has already established it's the same ratio across the BMW community and forums. we do this for the benefit of others to save money and have correct info. if you are going to insist it's not correct then you have to do your small part to back this up. otherwise you're just being selfish wanting to say you have something unique. fair enough?