View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #70
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
I have also driven 02+ cars, that's I meant with "having owned/driven both".
Looks like you remember me just fine. Then you might also remember me participating in those discussions about the rack. I gave a break for a couple of years, and I'll give it to you, you guys look like you have made some progress about the part numbers, and what they mean.
What is still baffling to me is the steering feel of the ZHP. As I said above, the way I feel when I drive a ZHP forces me to isolate the feel as if it's the rack itself.
So I'm after what exactly is different on a ZHP rack. jpr at one point said it may be about its internal tolerances being tighter. Along these lines, I think it is very plausible that the M-Pack II internals might be the case here, as it does have specific part number for its rack.
And there is no research that has been done on this front, so I'd appreciate if you have something to post other than "part numbers", etc. Here's a thread that came very close to solving the mystery (which I have also participated back in 2008). People there talk about retro-fit kits, etc.
I have no problem with someone asking legit questions about something. I'm not knocking you at all. I have no issues with that or getting out the correct info .
I am not sure why you feel the zhp rack is different. I looked in that thread again, which I had back in 2008. Wow some zhp owners are so full of themselves. Obviously one reason why ZHPMafia was made is to create a barrier from the truth and their hopes. Just plain crazy how off they are in their wishful thinking.
Anyway Sean, in the comparison of the videos with the lock-to-lock, that is the same. And even if there was the slightest difference in where the steering wheel ended as you say, that is not a difference in 13.7 to a 15.5. So unless you're suggesting another ratio for the other 330s that should have put it to rest for you then.
The only other two things I can think of is that on your 330-zhp you were running a square 255 set-up (both front and rear). That's going to give a different steering feel. I don't know if you also had an underdrive pulley kit, that will make the steering firmer too.