View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
chetured

My Ride: 2003 M3
solved FOR real NOW I LOVE MY M

NOW I LOVE MY M - it feels new. For the life of me I could nto understand how such a popular car felt so shitty - now I know what it is supposed to feel like !

HOLDING both paddles did not fix this at all I had to do the full adaption as descsribed. I finally solved my problem - I really looked at so many things.. and I wish someone had suggeted this on the forums earlier. So anyway I bought myself and EBay usb to OBD2 cable, and ran the inpa,carsoft ...etc programs and got them to work.

After doing so I finally mustered up the courage to do an SMG readaptation procedure (no bleed or anything mechanical). The softawre and system did it flawlessly, did some purge and ran through the gears. 5-10 minutes

BTW - MAG BMW of Dublin Ohio could not diagnose let alone understand my problem ... thry should read this.

When I did the SMG adapataion reset it fixed the following problems for my 2003M3 SMG

1. The 1st to 2cnd juttering rough feeling clutch (thought I needed a new one)

2. The release and loose ratttling sound when auto downshiting from 3rd to 2cnd, while coasting etc...

3. The THUD sound when in '5' mode and ripping through the paddles hard. I am expecting it to come back as I drive hard and after re-adaption occurs. But a smoother more normal sounding thud.
2001 330i M Sport
chetured is offline   Reply With Quote