View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
sfcjetjr

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Speaker upgrade on the cheap!

Upgrade the rear and front 6.5's with blaupunks, added low passes on the rear. Upgraded 3" mid's to 4" two ways in the front. Removed package tray at same time and wrapped it with matching black leatherette. Removed the cups that the rears sit in cover bottom hole with adhesive sound dampening material, and filled space with polyester batting material. Before reinstalling package tray laid down 1" think batting to prevent any rattles between tray and metal deck. Sound awesome even without an amp. But do have trouble getting below 50 hz. So maybe add one 8" free air sub under deck with small 100 watt amp. I'm not trying to party the block just rock crisp and clear highs and lows on inside. Question? Surround that matches contours of factory stereo, but made to match contours of aftermarket unit as their edges are sharper than the round edges of the stock unit? I have a single din unit with fold out touch screen, built in Bluetooth ect.. But will not install unroll I can find a face plate that matches the contours of the dash.
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.