View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
FLarrazabal

My Ride: 325Ci
I have a 325Ci with a few issues, it started with the close when door shut funtion of the front windows. Its the function the lowers the front windows approx 1/4" when you open the doors in order to clear the convertible weather seal. Upon closing the door the windows automatically raise to the full close position. I noticed that when the driver side door is opened, the the door open light on the instrument panel will not come on, the overhead light will not come on and the window will not lower. Also when I use the key remote to unlock the doors, the left door will not unlock, it will however lock with the remote. Everything works fine with the left door. I called the BMW dealer in town and they said it may be a loose wire or maybe it needed a computer reset. About $300.00. I've done some research and those functions are controled by the door lock itself. So I removed the door lock from the door which requires the removal of the airbag, window, and window regulator, a true pain since the window has a number of adjustments. I did not find any loose wires but the door lock did look worn out. I will be ordering a new one soon and hopefully that will fix the problems. After installing everthing back, I noticed that the airbag warning light on the instrument panel was on. I rechecked that the airbag was connected and it was. I did some research and found out that I could reset the computer and that would turn the light off, the maintenace manual also said that after an airbag change the computer may have the be reset. Ok so I find a video that shows how to reset the computer, however I think I've messed something up because now my convertible is acting up. Here is what its doing, I start the car and push the top down button, nothing happens, I lower the windows and then push the top down button again, not the top lowers normally. Now I try to put the top up but nothing happens with the windows up or down. I turn the car off and restart it back up, now the top up button and everything works fine. I tried cycling the the top again, but again same issues, top comes down normaly but have to shut car off then back on, then the top will come back up. Not sure what I have done, also when I tried to reset the computer when I turn the ignition switch to the first position I hear a switching noise comming from the area where the CVM (convertible top module) is located. This is all driving me crazy, I have found the CVM and convertible top manual, but no help there
FLarrazabal is offline   Reply With Quote