View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #50
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
I think people are excited about the FR-S because after 20 years of cars just getting bigger and bigger and heavier and heavier - and RWD becoming exceptionally rare in entry level cars, Toyota an Subaru are finally saying "hey, we're gonna make small, fun, light, sporty cars again - with RWD and LSD". And hopefully that catches on with other makers. It's like the BMW M1 - I don't particularly want one, but it gives me hope that BMW isn't completely lost.

I agree with this a lot.

People have been griping how cars have become so big, fat, heavy, complex, overpowered, thirsty, clumsy and expensive.

Finally, somebody comes out wiht a small, trim, light, simple, efficient, nimble and affordable RWD sports car and people immediately start whining because it's won't fit four overweight linebackers and two-weeks worth of luggage, has less than 600hp, won't crack 185mph, doesn't have everthing including a power map pocket, or all the features of a Rolls Royce, and costs more than $15K.

Wake up, the car is what it is and does what it's supposed to do brilliantly. Sure, maybe a few more hp might be nice, but hardly necessary much less disqualifying.

Last edited by Rhumb; 09-25-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote