View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #36
MR2NoVA

My Ride: 2003 330i
are you working at bae?

if so, im actually working with them up in rockville in support solutions right now
iirc, that facility is information solutions. the area's nice, tyson's corner mall is among the top 10 largest malls in the united states, so anything you need, the mall's right down the street.
traffic can get hectic, but if you're staying in vienna, i would try commuting using back roads.

the 495 express lanes are due to open up before the year's over, so i would consider getting an ez-pass for toll roads if it's part of your commute (i don't believe it is)

i actually also work part-time at sport and health (8250 greensboro) which is in that business complex, it's a nice gym but i feel it's overpriced (wealthier crowd being members)

in terms of areas, annandale's somewhat of a jankier area in comparison to fairfax and centreville, although i don't have a problem spending time there. if you're viet, i would check out the eden center (vietnamese plaza) which isn't the nicest or cleanest, but full of vietnamese shops.

my internship at BAE in rockville's coming to a close tomorrow and im graduating this spring with a degree in IT. let me know if you come across any openings while you're there if that's where you're working. that location is ideal for me, rockville's a rough commute at the moment.

feel free to PM if you have any questions about the area
MR2NoVA is offline   Reply With Quote