View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
Thanks Doug!

This is a busy board and you may not remember me, but I did give you a little advice before your first live comedy show via pm where I advised you to go in with a plan and not try to totally wing it, I hope that was helpful

I am the guitar player incase you were wondering. I appreciate your feedback and I will take it all into consideration, I think a little build up would work towards the end of the song.

B. Vocals: We have a studio version with vocals that are (closer to being lol) in key with three part harmonys, but as you know in a live situation it can get a little loose.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
OP,

I really liked the song a lot too, but rather than just leave it there, I'll be somewhat critical too.

First, though, know that I'm old, so listen for other stuff than maybe the kids and your audience would want to hear...and two, because as you may or may not know, I'm trying to get myself better at stand up, and although it pains me to hear criticism, I also really value the suggestions I've gotten from my friends (not really, but it sounds good, right? LOL).

Seriously, though, I think you have a lot of talent in your group. It's easy to listen to, interesting to listen to, and catchy. That said, and I'll try to be careful since I don't know who you are in the group (LOL!)...

I think you could do more with backing vocals...add a touch more harmony (or something). The backing sounds like a detuned instrument...seemingly just a little flat (not sure it's flat really), but I think more harmony in the back would give it more interest and character. Also, I couldn't get all the lyrics, but think the 'come around on you' is too much of the song...and think maybe if you repeated the verses more and cut down on the refrain a little, the song would have more import/impact.

...and for my final 'number' (and I really don't mean to do a 'number' on you)...I like to see the song change intensity as you get to the end. Build up to greater drama, so even as you're repeating the chorus, it's changing...building up.

All that said, even if you totally ignore my amateur impressions, let us know when you're appearing! I've done that with my 'comedy' and although only few have attended my performances, I have to say that having the support of totally random people I 'know' from just here has really given me great false hope and helped me to continue on...and I don't think I would have without the support I've gotten from here. I hope your mileage doesn't vary from mine!
Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote