Thread: 50 minimum post
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Can't it be done with promotions? By default new users can't create threads until X number of posts except in maybe new member introductions? Maybe not with a 50 post minimum, but with 15 or 20? That way new members could still introduce themselves, but we wouldn't get people using the site as craigslist, it would give a chance to catch the bots before they create 5 spam threads, and it would lessen the "what intake is the best" and "what oil do I use" threads that litter general because people would be forced to search before mindlessly starting new ones.
Just my two cents.

And alex, I totally agree, it's not going to completely stop scammers. People have to rely on their own common sense when doing business on the internet, but I think it would make a pretty good deterrent for the lazier ones.
I absolutely agree. It was not my response, mine was a call to have a minimum post count to weed out those bad elements. I have posted this suggestion more than once.