View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #169
littlegti

My Ride: 2002 330ci conv
Send a message via Skype™ to littlegti
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaseb View Post
Good DIY however a few things to note.

Pulling the fuse, does nothing. After I pulled the hose which was mounted closer to the engine, a HUGE load of gasoline squirted right into my head. Very high pressure.

Second, when you disconnect the hoses on the other end, fuel will non-stop come out of that end. I waited 5-10 mins and it never stopped, had to reinstall the new one to stop the flow. Lost of gas was wasted.

Third, you should buy 3 new hose clamps because those stocks one you can only lossen but can't retighten.

Fourth, sometimes putting the car from 2nd to 3rd in the ignition doesn't always help. I must of purged the system like 10 times, when started it ran like crap for 30 seconds before stabilising.
I replaced my filter last month and here are a couple tips that address some of the above.

1. after pulling the fuse, start the engine and let it run until it stalls. This will relieve the high pressure in the line.

2. the two hoses at the back of the fuel filter come from the two gas tanks. The reason fuel stops flowing from one hose but not the other is likely because you have less than 1/2 a tank of gas but not an empty tank. I would recommend performing this when the tank is nearly empty to reduce the flow.

hope this helps.
littlegti is offline   Reply With Quote