View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
tk1738

My Ride: 2000 328i
Tires for my 328i

Hi everyone, I have a 2000 328i (122,000 km) with the original all season Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus tires. It's finally time to replace these nearly worn out tires (around 1mm from the tread wear bars), so I'm wondering what would be a reasonably priced replacement. I put on winter tires in late October to late April (when the temperature is going to be lower than 10C) - Michelin Pilot Alpin, so the all season tires only get half a year's use. I only drive around 8300 km per year. I don't have any complaints with these OE tires. I mostly do city driving, and I don't drive my car hard that much anymore. My tire priorities are treadlife, ride/comfort and finally handling in a performance tire, if I have to choose. Should I stay with all season tires or would summer tires be fine? I read that all season tires will last longer than summer tires. Is run flat worth it over tubeless? Do I need to stay with 91H tires? Is it better to buy tires now or wait until the Spring? Canadian Tire has a all season tire sale on right now. I live in Ottawa, Canada, so I need to find replacement tires around here, or a company that can ship here.

The original tires are 205/55/R16, 91H
tubeless, treadwear 400, traction A, temperature A. The manufacturer's rating is 70,000 km.

I've done some looking around at tirerack.com, ottawatiresdirect.com, canadiantire.ca.
tk1738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.