View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #187
Busabos77

My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Updates... Friday night, I got home from work and began working on the interior. It continued the whole day till Saturday afternoon at 5pm with no sleep. I had to get as much done so that I would be left with just the 2 front seats. I got help from my good friend Desmond (whom I met way back in the Honda Prelude Forums) that Friday night until Saturday afternoon. He too did not have sleep! Talk about dedication. Charlie aslo came in to help Saturday morning despite his kidney stone problem! Talk about dedication again!!! Big ups to you guys!!! Thank you for all the help and you bet that it would not be forgotten!

Dash wash taken out, glove box, front kick panels and the carpet. Desmond and I took out the dash from 11pm till 4am. 5 hours of work for the dash. 2 hours reasearching things and 3 hours of actual labor. I think it would be about 3 hours of labor if you knew how to take the dash out. We made sure we labled all the screws and small pieces in a zip lock bag. I started painting the dash and the kick panels 9am and we installed it around 3pm. enough time to do 3 coats. The black carpet was also installed as well as the new black center console with arm rest delete courtesy of charlie. Rear seats are almost complete. I need to buy some OEM door panel clipc tomorrow to install all 4 panels. I also resprayed the black part of all the door panels with the Black leatherique Dye that I bought to match them with the dash. The vinyl fabric was good but it was so dull and rough. It did not have that OEM feel to it so I decided to respray them again.

I plan to get the OEM door panel clips tomorrow and assemble the door panels and install them.

GETTING READY TO TAKE THE DASH OUT

SOME PIECES LINED UP

STARTED WITH THE DRIVER SIDE VENT AND LIGHT SWITCH

THEN THE STEERING WHEEL

THEN THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER

THE DASH TRIMS

THEN THE RADIO

CLIMATE CONTROL, ASHTRAY, THE SHIFT AREA ETC...

ALMOST OUT

GLOVE BOX REMOVED

ACCELERATOR PEDAL REMOVED

LOWER STEERING COLUMN COVER REMOVED

TIME TO REMOVE THE DASH

AND ITS OFF!!!

GREY CARPET REMOVED

BLACK CARPET INSTALLED

Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote