View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:54 AM   #14
benzovs

My Ride: 2000 323i
No. That wouldn't work. The wires from the harness go to the amp, they are essentially pre outs, but since they are in the form of speaker outputs, they are high level inputs to the factory amplifier. Once they get to the amp, the amp internally splits the 4 high level inputs into 10 speaker outputs. And it might not even be 10 outputs, the tweeters in the front doors might be tied into the mids, so it could be 8 outputs at the factory amp. I really haven't looked into the actuall factory setup that we have in our cars, but the fact that we have 10 speakers means that we HAVE to have an amp somewhere in the car ( I haven't even bothered looking into it). The factory stereo cannot run 10 speakers by itself. The second thing is we only have 8 speaker cables at the factory harness in the dash ( 4 positive, 4 negative) That means that the speakers aren't just spliced together somewhere along the line. What I would recommend right now for the mean time is to disconnect your blown speakers. That may stop your amp from cutting out. Just disconnect them from the inside the door panel. But you will not be able to splice the cables together and get all 10 speakers to play, without causing damage to your Hu.
benzovs is offline   Reply With Quote