Originally Posted by Nightmare5336 View Post
2013 Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0T R-Spec: $26,500
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec : $28,750

2.0T:
Torque: 275 ft-lbs. @ 2000 rpm
Horsepower: 274 hp @ 6000 rp

Torque: 295 ft-lbs. @ 5300 rpm
Horsepower: 348 hp @ 6400 rpm

IMO for about 1k more you're getting hell of a lot more car as far as pure motor specs.

I've driven the 2.0T as well as the 3.8. 2.0T gave a nice feel to have a turbo with RWD.

Gen coupe and FRS/BRZ look very similar to me
The cars might look similar, but that's about where it ends. I've driven the outgoing Genesis Coupe 2.0T and... well... it was sluggish. I guess I jumped into the car with higher expectations, but still...

I honestly don't see the newer models being THAT much better. Going off of this YouTube video I found, 0 to 60 seems to be in the mid-six second range. I'd expect a little bit better out of almost 300 HP.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a well-launched, hard-shifted BRZ somewhere in the mid- to high-six second range?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
You will pay less for the Hyundai for sure. The Scion.....You pay what is on the sticker.....which makes it a bad, underpowered decision in my book
This is where I'll step forward and say I think I'd rather have the BRZ/FR-S over the Genesis Coupe anyday. I didn't get that "wow" factor in the Genesis Coupe. Not in the straights and not in the twisties. Granted, I haven't had the opportunity to spend any time behind the wheel of the BRZ/FR-S yet, but I'm anxious to try it out.

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is online now   Reply With Quote