View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
jneumann

My Ride: 323i, 530i, Z4 3.0i
Send a message via AIM to jneumann
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyG View Post
jneumann, you really saved me man. Thanks for answering all my questions, and damn you really ended up making a horrible buy haha. Thankfully I only spent $120, and if the only waste is the bulbs then by all means I think I saved a lot more than I could of lost.

I'll definitely look into getting the Morimoto projectors. The FX-R looks pretty good, but would I have any difficulty installing them? I checked out xi_chee's DIY and it looked very easy for the mini h1's. Also the FX-R page doesnt show the option for bulbs, what bulb would I need?
You would need D2S bulbs for the FX-R, which is the OEM standard for HID bulbs. I don't know what differences there are between the Mini H1 and Mini D2S other than bulb type, but I would go D2S if I were you so you can use the high quality OEM Phillips bulbs. You will likely need D2S to AMP adapters to work with your current ballasts.

Retrofitting requires roughly a full day on a weekend, a dremel, some screws and nuts, and lots of jbquick. If you get bixenon projectors, wire a plug on the bixenon shutter solenoid wires and tap into the high beam lines so you will gain quad high beams.

Dynavin Android | Laser Interceptor | GRE PSR-800 | STi-R+ | M3 seats | 50W 4300K FX-R Retrofit | Solid black interior | Mtech II front bumper | Koni FSDs
Member, Three Pedal Mafia | Long informative article on oil | BITOG German Castrol FAQ

jneumann is offline   Reply With Quote