View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #135
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Reinz View Post
All valve cover and oil pan gaskets constructed from rubber should be put on dry. This includes cleaning oil from the surfaces of the cover and the engine before installation. I cannot speak for Elring, but in the case of Victor Reinz gaskets, if a sealant is needed, it'll be included in the package with the gasket. Both Victor Reinz and Elring are major suppliers to the OE European car manufacturers and in every likelihood, your BMW has gaskets on it made by both companies since OEM platforms are typically supplied, piece by piece.
Good to see you joined the forum, and the conversation. I was just over at Bavarian Auto Parts in North Hollywood, and I asked them if they ever had any complaints against VR Gaskets, and they hadn't. Funny, they did say that people often pass on the crush.washers, because they feel like they are an extra expense that isnt necessary.

I cannot speak for anyone but myself when i say my first replacement elring gasket leaked, as did my VR replacement, and this was due to a simple mistake on the tightening pattern.

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote