View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #16
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 2008 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post

I disagree. You can talk to precision shooters that will tell you that cleaning after every shoot will actually cause a decrease in accuracy. ARs do not need to be cleaned after every shoot either. I just finally cleaned mine after about 2,000 rounds. I really can't remember the last time I cleaned my Glock. If you change that that to lubricate before every shoot, I would agree with you.
I guess "clean your gun" is different for everyone though. I never use the metal brush on my guns, I just think it's too abrassive... I normally just take a rag and clean the slide and internals with some hoppe's on it, use the pads w/ hoppe's for the barrel, and clean any built up carbon with a plastic scraper. Then LIGHTLY apply some hoppe's oil to the moving parts.

I can't see how the way I clean it would decrease it's accuracy... I understand if someone is using something really abrassive, as clearances would increase. Also, I guess it depends how many rounds you put through the gun in one session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Being unprofessional is GK talk for someone calling out his BS in real life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
gk seems to have tried to change his role online now. before it was mr. obnoxious. now it's mr. calm, collected, and still an idiot.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-02-2012 at 03:21 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote