View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #20
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
No, you are not right.

Using a Visa card is a privilege not a right.
So Play by the rules. Charging a min-purchase amount for debit cards violates that.

Quote:
Being able to buy bottled water on any street corner is a privilege, not a right.
Then don't accept cards. If you want to accept cards - you will play ball. Simple as that.

Quote:
You are not right. The merchant controls the environment.
And the CC company dictates the rules for payment. If you are to have CC/debit card accepting equipment. Per your merchant agreement, you aren't to refuse a debit card for ANY purchase.

Quote:
You can decide whether or not you chose to support than environment.
They will play by the rules.

Quote:
I would have told you to hit the bricks.

You are absolutely ridiculous.

You will accept payment in the form of debit per your merchant agreement, or I will come by, every day, and report you until you play ball.

I'm not asking for much, just merchants to play by the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aretardedorange View Post

I am buying a $1.50 drink and you want me to pay in cash or buy $3 of stuff I will never come back.
F that I will to make a point. If you want to participate in the CC/Debit taking business, you will play by the rules.

This is not up for debate. It's in Visa's merchant agreement in black & white lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
IMO... if you are using a bank's services for your business, you do not have the right to tell a customer how much to spend.

If you have to eat a transaction fee, that is a business expense you should be willing/expecting to pay. Deceiving the customer and telling them they have to spend a limit of $10.00 is not right.

I understand the ones who lose out are small business owners, but shiit like this is what makes me have no problem going to Costco once a month and getting my shiit in bulk so I don't have to run to the bodega/convenience store to pay unit price + up-charge.

That being said, I always carry around at least $50 for small purchases. I feel like a dork when I use a card to pay for anything less than $10.00.
I agree, I never have cash on me. I hate change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show me View Post
BS - then this thread would be about getting raped by the store when they charged you $1.99 for water.

Nope. This isn't about the price of the water bottle. It's about them not following the rules.

Again, its the internet so I expect you guys to all play devils advocate but the bottom line, no matter how you justify it to yourself, Is clear.

If you are a merchant whom takes Visa. You are to accept debit card purchases without any minimum amount.

Coffee shop in the bottom of my office bldg has some $3 limit, and while its against the rules it doesn't bother me as my morning muffin & Tea = $3.19. If it was $2.19 I'd tell them I worked for Visa and to straighten up as well.

This place just loves to argue. If this was a "got a speeding ticket, halp guys" you would all be on the side of the written law. Not so with merchants lol

Last edited by yousharenow; 10-03-2012 at 10:28 AM.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote