View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #20
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
No, you are not right.

Using a Visa card is a privilege not a right.
So Play by the rules. Charging a min-purchase amount for debit cards violates that.

Being able to buy bottled water on any street corner is a privilege, not a right.
Then don't accept cards. If you want to accept cards - you will play ball. Simple as that.

You are not right. The merchant controls the environment.
And the CC company dictates the rules for payment. If you are to have CC/debit card accepting equipment. Per your merchant agreement, you aren't to refuse a debit card for ANY purchase.

You can decide whether or not you chose to support than environment.
They will play by the rules.

I would have told you to hit the bricks.

You are absolutely ridiculous.

You will accept payment in the form of debit per your merchant agreement, or I will come by, every day, and report you until you play ball.

I'm not asking for much, just merchants to play by the rules.

Originally Posted by aretardedorange View Post

I am buying a $1.50 drink and you want me to pay in cash or buy $3 of stuff I will never come back.
F that I will to make a point. If you want to participate in the CC/Debit taking business, you will play by the rules.

This is not up for debate. It's in Visa's merchant agreement in black & white lol.

Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
IMO... if you are using a bank's services for your business, you do not have the right to tell a customer how much to spend.

If you have to eat a transaction fee, that is a business expense you should be willing/expecting to pay. Deceiving the customer and telling them they have to spend a limit of $10.00 is not right.

I understand the ones who lose out are small business owners, but shiit like this is what makes me have no problem going to Costco once a month and getting my shiit in bulk so I don't have to run to the bodega/convenience store to pay unit price + up-charge.

That being said, I always carry around at least $50 for small purchases. I feel like a dork when I use a card to pay for anything less than $10.00.
I agree, I never have cash on me. I hate change!

Originally Posted by Show me View Post
BS - then this thread would be about getting raped by the store when they charged you $1.99 for water.

Nope. This isn't about the price of the water bottle. It's about them not following the rules.

Again, its the internet so I expect you guys to all play devils advocate but the bottom line, no matter how you justify it to yourself, Is clear.

If you are a merchant whom takes Visa. You are to accept debit card purchases without any minimum amount.

Coffee shop in the bottom of my office bldg has some $3 limit, and while its against the rules it doesn't bother me as my morning muffin & Tea = $3.19. If it was $2.19 I'd tell them I worked for Visa and to straighten up as well.

This place just loves to argue. If this was a "got a speeding ticket, halp guys" you would all be on the side of the written law. Not so with merchants lol

Last edited by yousharenow; 10-03-2012 at 10:28 AM.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote