View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #32
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Please name the banking laws that violates.
If the credit card is backed by a Bank, each financial institution has an affirmative and continuing obligation to respect the privacy of its customers and to protect the security and confidentiality of those customers' nonpublic personal information. They are not going to be asking some clerk to jeopardize that by having their client provide ID (with home address in plain sight) during a credit or debit card transaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
Here is what would happen if your dumb azz started this in my store...

1. I would have you trespassed after your second little outburst.

2. I would have you fired by calling VISA myself and explaining to them why
.....me and everyone in my networking circle of store owners is going to quit
.....taking VISA
because of their employee harassment from you.
You would persuade your fellow merchants to stop taking credit cards (or at least, Visa?)? Wow. You'd be pissing off customers forever just to prove a stupid point. That's an asinine comment and threat, which any intelligent person would see is nothing but bullshˇt on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
PS - There is nothing wrong with asking for ID. Ever hear of charge backs?
There are NO chargebacks to the Merchant if the Merchant follows procedure: Swiped card, signature compared and matched, receipt issued. Look at your Agreement, if you have any doubts. You are NOT allowed to ask for ID if you are a Merchant processing a charge. Don't believe me if you want, but that's the way your Processing Agreement is worded.

Last edited by BoogetyBoogety; 10-03-2012 at 12:48 PM.
BoogetyBoogety is online now   Reply With Quote