View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #33
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogetyBoogety View Post
If the credit card is backed by a Bank, each financial institution has an affirmative and continuing obligation to respect the privacy of its customers and to protect the security and confidentiality of those customers' nonpublic personal information. They are not going to be asking some clerk to jeopardize that by having their client provide ID (with home address in plain sight) during a credit or debit card transaction.

You would persuade your fellow merchants to stop taking credit cards (or at least, Visa?)? Wow. You'd be pissing off customers forever just to prove a stupid point. That's an asinine comment and threat, which any intelligent person would see is nothing but bullshˇt on your part.

There are NO chargebacks to the Merchant if the Merchant follows procedure: Swiped card, signature compared and matched, receipt issued. Look at your Agreement, if you have any doubts. You are NOT allowed to ask for ID if you are a Merchant processing a charge. Don't believe me if you want, but that's the way your Processing Agreement is worded.
I would not stop taking VISA, I just would complain to VISA about one of their azzhole employees who keeps harassing me. Who do you think would win that battle?

I will debate the ID thing until the day I die.

If someone takes an unsigned credit card and signs it and walks into a store and charges $5k worth of video games, I can assure you that store is getting charged back.

I don't care what the user agreement says. The fact is, I would have to eat it when it gets charged back.

As a matter of fact.... how exactly are you suppose to prove that the signatures matched BTW?

Did it ever occur to anyone that the problem IS VISA/MC/AMEX and not the merchant. The fact is, if they did not charge a per transaction fee, the merchant would not need to set a minimum charge.

The banks and credit cards are the ones screwing everyone, not the merchant that takes it. What does the merchant get? NOTHING. Actually LESS THAN NOTHING. They get charged fees to accept it.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 10-03-2012 at 02:05 PM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote