View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #19
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
I would not stop taking VISA, I just would complain to VISA about one of their azzhole employees who keeps harassing me. Who do you think would win that battle?

The cardholder. Read your Processing Agreement carefully.

I will debate the ID thing until the day I die.

If someone takes an unsigned credit card and signs it and walks into a store and charges $5k worth of video games, I can assure you that store is getting charged back.

Exactly wrong. The Bank would be notified by the Cardholder of the fraudulent charge, and after the investigation to determine the validity of the transaction, which would include an authentic signature, the cardholder would be made whole. The Merchant, having accepted matching signatures, would be off the hook. The Merchant would only be charged if the card was not physically swiped through their machine. Read your processing Agreement carefully.

I don't care what the user agreement says. The fact is, I would have to eat it when it gets charged back.

Not true. Read your processing Agreement carefully.

As a matter of fact.... how exactly are you suppose to prove that the signatures matched BTW?

Your responsibility on a swiped card begins and ends when you compare signatures. Read your processing Agreement carefully.

Did it ever occur to anyone that the problem IS VISA/MC/AMEX and not the merchant. The fact is, if they did not charge a per transaction fee, the merchant would not need to set a minimum charge.

The banks and credit cards are the ones screwing everyone, not the merchant that takes it. What does the merchant get? NOTHING. Actually LESS THAN NOTHING. They get charged fees to accept it.
The Merchant has the ability to increase his business exponentially by moving beyond a cash-only business, and is able to provide accommodations and courtesies to his customers that a cash-only business would be unable to match. You do pay a fee for that privilege. If you want to protect yourself from chargebacks, as I said above and as your Processing Agreement clearly states:

Swipe the card through your terminal (capturing the validation information), compare signatures, provide a receipt to the customer. Period. Read your processing Agreement carefully.
BoogetyBoogety is online now   Reply With Quote