View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #37
oie77

My Ride: wamta
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Meh, I'd rather keep my $100k and live somewhere else TBH. Dallas/ATL have same cost of living so your money goes far. Someplace like Raleigh it would go far as well.

I left Dallas when I was 24 to live IN the big city in the core of it all.

I'm over it. ATL's suburb prices are retarded, traffic is ridiclous, and they lack a NHL team.

5 years from now I'd like to own a nice home I could raise a family or something in, and not have to deal with a retarded commute. I like the suburbia culture of Raleigh..DC is just too "big" and attracts crowds, trash, noise, high prices etc.

I've looked around even at places like Pittsburgh, but I keep coming back to Raleigh.
It totally depends on what you want. If you want to live in a nice house, like the burb life and have access to good jobs, anytown USA would fit the bill.

If you're looking to enjoy a very active social scene meet interesting people from all over the world with very diverse backgrounds, etc, there are few places in this country that you can really do that. I think DC is one of those cities.

As you mention though, its a cost/benefit choice and every city comes with some downside...
oie77 is offline   Reply With Quote