View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
Yes, absolutely. You need to get them NOW. From the pics, it does not look like any of the sheetmetal around them has ripped, although I may be wrong.
DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR BEFORE THEY ARE REPAIRED. Even if there is no sheetmetal damage. If you end up tearing sheet metal, then you have a major fix. If you already have torn some of the Sheetmetal, you will make matters worse by driving.
Edit: looking closer, it looks as if it was not installed correctly in the first place. It does not look right.
why do you think the sheetmetal around will rip? the rsm is basically a guide for the top shock piston shaft. i don't see how it's that critical as you make it sound. sure rsm are important but the spring is what holds the car up.

OP, it's hard to say. it looks like your using the rubber washer gasket that comes unglued? if it's half of the rubber mount then it's broken. maybe i'm not getting a good look at it on my phone screen but it does Not appear thrashed like i have seen them. the rubber breaks apart and the center pushes through most of the time. really does NOT look broken to me from what i can see.

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 10-05-2012 at 03:38 AM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote