View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 AM   #40
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2003 330CI Silver
wSince you're fairly familiar with security systems at least more than I, maybe you could give me some clues as to where to look. I explained a bit about my situation on my ak90 thread. Now after i coded my keys the chirping, clown nose, and turn signals all worked. The first to go was the siren. I'm sure none of this is a fuse issue as well since I tested the lines for power but im not getting a ground, which its because they're switched grounds, i dont think know. It may have happened around the same time I was rewiring electrical connectors in my engine bay that my belt shredded, which I'm not entirely sure I did it the correct way. I mean. They happened to be, from what I assume all ground wires because they (3 or 4 wires) belonged to the same bundle and we're all the same red/white color. I couldn't think of any other logical reason why bmw engineers would bundle 4 wires all the same color in the same bundle when the other wires were all different colors. I tried wiring them separately to each other first and seeing if my car would eventually register them as being correct and after all possible let combination's, i concluded that none of it would provide full connects to all the units in disconnected. Maybe one or 2 units got recognized but for some reason, these 4 wires showed like 8 different disconnected engine functions. Anyways I decided to say screw it and wire them all together, which ended up working. The car liked it. The next to go was clown nose, that was when I was installing the ghetto relay, which I think I might've accidentally touched wires I wasn't supposed to to each other causing a short. Coincidentally, it's part of the security system. Then i get the check engine code saying the sensors, led, and siren are either shorting or disconnected. I saw a wiring diagram of my car showing that they all end up grounding to a common spot but that location is unknown to me. Any idea where this might be? Maybe it's disconnected somehow.
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote