View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #36
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
Yeah, doesn't look that bad from the pics. They said he moved about 40 tons of "debris" ... there looks to be about 6 20' jersey barriers in the pics... so at 8000 lbs a piece, that is 24 tons of concrete right there, add to that the old sidewalk he replaced.

When the story first surfaced, they made it sound like someone dropped a tone of twisted steel and wreckage on a lot .....
I don't see pics of the trash, but I also don't know if they were simply not taken. There are tons of these lots in the PA/NJ/NY area. They might look like the overgrown grass at first, but are quickly used to dump. They can fill up with 40 tons of trash in a matter of weeks. I have seen contractors dump truckloads in lots like that. People throwing their garbage not taken by city sanitation, this is VERY common around the NY/NJ/PA area. When I lived in Queens a few years back, my neighbor was doing a minor remodel, and ordered a dumpster (the large metal one, so a 9 yard maybe?) They delivered it at about 5:00PM. The next morning, we woke up, it was half full with trash. An old couch, old chipped up concrete, drywall scrap, etc. Those google images mean nothing.