View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #36
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
Yeah, doesn't look that bad from the pics. They said he moved about 40 tons of "debris" ... there looks to be about 6 20' jersey barriers in the pics... so at 8000 lbs a piece, that is 24 tons of concrete right there, add to that the old sidewalk he replaced.

When the story first surfaced, they made it sound like someone dropped a tone of twisted steel and wreckage on a lot .....
I don't see pics of the trash, but I also don't know if they were simply not taken. There are tons of these lots in the PA/NJ/NY area. They might look like the overgrown grass at first, but are quickly used to dump. They can fill up with 40 tons of trash in a matter of weeks. I have seen contractors dump truckloads in lots like that. People throwing their garbage not taken by city sanitation, this is VERY common around the NY/NJ/PA area. When I lived in Queens a few years back, my neighbor was doing a minor remodel, and ordered a dumpster (the large metal one, so a 9 yard maybe?) They delivered it at about 5:00PM. The next morning, we woke up, it was half full with trash. An old couch, old chipped up concrete, drywall scrap, etc. Those google images mean nothing.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote