View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
threetwentyfizzle

My Ride: '00 323i
So my car is stalling out tonight... BAD

So tonight my car has been on the fritz pretty bad. Just out of nowhere my car started to and has continued to stall out pretty badly on my way home. Any load on my motor from putting my car into gear (mt) results in my car bogging down and stalling. Had to literally burn my clutch any time I want to start from a dead stop and had to downshift like crazy when slowing down to avoid killing the motor. Of course, it usually did stall once rpms fell to 500.

So you guys know, I have swapped a rebuilt motor in my car over the summer, and since the swap, have been trying to fix a bouncing idle so thus replaced/cleaned all the usual culprits i.e. vacuum lines, icv, tb, cleaned my maf, replaced my DISA O ring, lower/upper intake boots, entire ccv system... You name it. Vanos seals are on my to do list as my car has been lacking low end power since the motor swap.

I am running a CAI and headers and already have a SES light on from not wiring my O2 sim in yet so I'm sure whatever issues I have now are throwing codes I just haven't had the opportunity to pull codes tonight.

I have a strong feeling the bouncing idle is developing into this stalling issue and was wondering if there's something I may have overlooked when replacing all these items? Anyone else experience similar problems? I made a quick video ill try to upload or post a link here shortly. Thx for the input everyone

Sent from my HTC One X using Bimmer App
threetwentyfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.